The beginning...

Monday, April 12, 2010

This is how the conversation went.

Husband: "Macaroni and cheese again?"
Me: "You have a better idea?"
Husband: "How about homemade macaroni and cheese"
Me: **light bulb ding **

And here I am.

I have been struggling with trying to get my family to eat better. I have piled veggies on their plate, made them switch to soy milk, and tried gluten free- sugar free candy. None of that work. It just wasn't "us". We're not granola loving, tree hugging kind of people. We're more, hamburgers eaten in the backseat on the way to softball and karate kind of people. The more junk my kids eat the more guilty I feel as a mother. Now, don't get me wrong, my kiddos are not eating ding dongs for breakfast, but I know there has to be a better way than breakfast bars and cheerios. So, I gave myself this challenge. I am limiting the amount of food that my family eats that come from jars, boxes, cylindrical tubes - you get the picture. We're going to try this for one month and see how it goes. I told myself if I blog about it I'll stick to it, so... wish me luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Out Of That Box Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino