Little Chicken Sammiches

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ok, so this is my first guest appearance and first time posting something I have cooked. So if I missed a step, please forgive me. My name is Jennifer and hopefully you like what I post. I don't know how well it does on the healthy scale (well really I do but didn't want to say that it isn't healthy..because it isn't) but sometimes you just gotta fix what you have on hand.

I am going to start off by saying that this can be altered in so many ways to make it your own. I think that each time I make it, it's a bit different depending on my mood or my kids' moods. I don't measure a thing when I make this particular item. It's all about eyeballing it to your happiness.

Here we go.

Here's what you will need: mayonaisse, mustard, drained canned chicken breast (or tuna if you prefer). Everything else is what you want.

My line up is this

Plus this


And of course these to make our sammiches


Ok, so now that you have the jist of what is involved let's get started on combining them all.

I put the chicken in a bowl and then add the rest of the ingredients. How hard and technical, right?

I put in the mayo to my liking. I like enough to coat the chicken but not make it too slimy or wet because I still have mustard AND pickle juice to put in. Yes, you read that right. Pickle juice. Yum. I then put in a bit of mustard for color and a hint of taste. I am not a huge fan of mustard so I don't go overboard but it does add a nice zing to the mix.

So now that I have the chicken all gooey with mayo and mustard, I add my bacon (which I obviously crumbled up....and add as much as you want. You could add a lot or just a little) and onion powder (I hate the texture, crunch, and taste of raw onion but you like it be my guest to add fresh onion) and garlic salt. I'm careful on the garlic salt because the bacon is salty already. I don't need to be so bloated I can't button my pants the next morning, know whatta mean?

I then chop some pickles and add them to the mix. I didn't have cheese in the picture but I add it to my dinner. I get shredded cheese and put however much we want in it. My hubby loves him some cheese so I put a nice handful in there plus a bit more. Pepper of course must be in there. What's a meal without pepper? I taste my mix and add a bit of pickle juice to top it off. And viola!!

I bake the bisquits according to the package. When they are done I cut them in half to make a sandwich. I put the mix on the bisquit and stick it back in the oven at 250 degrees for about 7 to 10 minutes (long enough to melt the cheese). When it's done I let it cool off a bit and then put a slice of tomato on top and gobble it up.

Like I said, it isn't healthy but it sure is tasty. My kids will actually eat it and my hubby likes it. It is an easy dinner for those nights you just don't have time (or patience) to fix an all-out meal.

The finished product.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had Jenn's chicken sammies and they are awesome! :-) - Katie

Unknown said...

sounds yummy! have you ever tried garlic powder instead of garlic salt? that might be just as good! :)

Jennifer said...

I do the garlic powder when I am feeling healthy...otherwise I LOVE the salt. ;) The powder tastes just as yummy.

Post a Comment

Out Of That Box Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino