Homemade Spaghetti Reborn (Dinner- Day 15)

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I tried it again. It's been two weeks. I thought that was enough time to get back on that horse. My last attempt at spaghetti sauce, although not an epic failure, was not the best thing I have ever eaten. So this time I shook things up a bit. I went with this recipe that a friend of mine (and lovely mother to my step-daughter) suggested.

Needless to say, it was as good as promised. It was very easy to make, however, the constant stirring for hours was a little overkill. I don't think it needed that long to cook to be honest. I only let mine simmer for about an hour and half and I still had to convince my kids that I didn't get it out of a jar. They were, in fact, so convinced that I did cheat on this little challenge that they were threatening to go on Facebook and out me for the liar that I am. Little know-it-alls. The only problem with the sauce was that there wasn't enough for my large family. I like my spaghetti very saucy (kind of like my husband likes his women) and there just wasn't enough for that. Next time I will certainly double the recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Out Of That Box Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino