"Da Bomb" Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches (Dinner - Day 3)

Thursday, April 15, 2010


Thursday nights are busy around here. Thursday nights are softball and karate nights. Thursday nights make me wish I were on a Hawaiian island somewhere just me and my cabana boy...

Needless to say, Thursday night call for quick and easy meals. Meals that could, if need be, be eaten, say, in the car when you're running 15 minutes behind schedule.

I originally wanted to make a plain barbecue sandwich. You know, with nice fatty pieces of red meat. But, I had chicken. So, I made Barbecue chicken sandwiches. It was really simple and we were all pleasantly surprised by the result. (My middle kiddo, K, is currently licking the bowl).

Here's what you need.

Ingredients
(makes 8 sandwiches)

3 chicken breasts, Barbecue sauce, buns (I used whole grain white wheat)
** You can make your own barbecue sauce, I didn't, but you could.
**** If you buy barbecue sauce, make sure that it does not contain HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP ****


Method to the Madness


1. Boil chicken until water is almost completely evaporated, should take about 30 minutes.

2. Brown the chicken slightly in the pot.

3. Use a fork and scrape the chicken. This will shred it.
(Believe it or not I had to Google how to shred chicken, shameful I know)

4. Add barbecue sauce and put on a bun.

I had intended on making homemade potato chips that I learned from my pal Jamie. However, we ran out of time (did I mention Thursdays are busy). So, I was really glad I had this healthy alternative on hand.
They are the best chips around. And the only tortilla chip I can stand without salsa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Out Of That Box Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino