Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta (Olive Garden) Recipe

Saturday, April 24, 2010

My sister's favorite restaurant is the Olive Garden. I personally think their food is a little bland and over-priced, but that's just me. The only thing I can remotely tolerate is the Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta appetizer. It is simply delicious. A few years ago I learned how to make it on my own (via Google) so that my sister couldn't lord it over my head anymore to go to that awful place. Here is a recipe similar to the one I use. Sometimes I leave out the sour cream because, well, sometimes I forget that it's in there and don't buy it.

Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta

Ingredients

  • 1 loaf Italian bread, such as ciabatta or semolina, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
  • 1 c. sour cream
  • 1 tsp. thyme
  • 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 3 c. shredded mozzarella
  • 3 c. shredded smoked provolone
  • 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3 Tbsp. grated Romano cheese
  • 8 tsp. fresh diced tomatoes
  • Fresh chopped parsley



Method to the Madness

1. Heat oven to 450 degrees.

2. Mix all ingredients together.

3. Place in a greased casserole dish and bake until bubbly (about 8 - 10 minutes)

4. Serve with Italian bread, sliced thinly




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Out Of That Box Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino