Cinnamon Rolls (Breakfast - Day 14)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

For Christmas my sister, Courtney, got me this:


I love this cookbook. I love Pioneer Woman. I have followed her blog for years. If you don't then you should. Go now. Read it. It will change your life. You can come back later.

Okay. So, wasn't that fabulous? You're welcome.

Anyway, this morning I made the cinnamon rolls from the Pioneer Woman cookbook. They were as fabulous and she said they would be. And easy. The recipe is here. If you noticed, this recipe called for yeast. Yep, I knew it would happen one day and I didn't mess it up too incredibly bad. The first time I tried to use yeast I had to proof it and it got all foamy and I got all flustered. This was not the case this time and it worked out fine. Yay me.

I did not make the maple icing because, well, I didn't want to. Instead I just mixed some powdered sugar with a little milk and a teensy bit of vanilla. A little goes a long way, so be careful.

Yummy, yummy. Pillsbury has nothing on these cinnamon rolls.

Pioneer Woman vs Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls

Pioneer Woman
Calories: 254 Fat: 11 g
Ingredients: flour, sugar, oil, yeast, milk, baking powder, baking soda, butter, salt, sugar, cinnamon



Pillsbury Grand Cinnamon Rolls
Calories: 320 Fat: 10 g
Ingredients: Enriched bleached flour, water, sugar, partially defatted soybean oil, cottonseed oil, dextrose, wheat starch, baking powder, salt, cream cheese dried, cornstarch, corn syrup solids, mono and diglycerides, cellulose gum, natural and artificial flavors, whey, polysorbate 60, propylene glycol, yellow 5, red 40, butter, tocopherols, ascorbyl palmitate added to protect flavor.

I compared the Grand Pillsbury Rolls because the cinnamon rolls I made were way bigger than your average cinnamon rolls from a can and was more comparable to the Grand Cinnamon Rolls.

Did anyone else notice that cinnamon is not listed as an ingredient on the Pillsbury rolls? Wow.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Out Of That Box Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino