Reflections- Day 1

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well, hmmm. Today was the first day of this little experiment. It was a crazy day in the house for sure. I have never done so much preparations for that many meals before. If I wasn't rinsing or chopping something I had something on the stove. Craziness. I just don't think I've gotten my rhythm, yet. Plus, I had to run to the grocery store in the middle of the day with all of the kiddos. That's enough to make any sane person want to throw in the towel. All in all, though, I count today as a success. I succeeded in my goal. I limited the amount of pre-packaged and pre-prepared food my kids ate. That was my goal going in. I realize that just because it isn't in a package doesn't make it good for you. But an egg in a piece of toast at home beats a McMuffin from McDonald's any day in my book! Plus, my kids actually drank water today! I know! I couldn't believe it myself.

I have posted all the recipes on the blog. I am in no way a professional - blogger or photographer but I hope to show everyone that if this busy mom of six kiddos, who's culinary skills are severely lacking, can make wholesome, loving, semi-nutritious meals for her family (and on a limited budget) than yay... I have achieved my goal.

Good night and God bless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Out Of That Box Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino