Ambrosia- Remixed (Dessert- Day 2)

Wednesday, April 14, 2010


I found this recipe for Wolf Pack Ambrosia (I still haven't figured out what it has to do with wolves). After reading through it I liked the idea but not the follow through. For one, marshmallows are just empty calories. Also, why used canned fruit when you can used real fruit? So, here is my interpretation.

Ingredients
Whole pineapple, 6 mandarin oranges, 2 bananas, and 4 ounces of yogurt
I used all natural yogurt- no additives or anything. If you go this route you may want to sprinkle a smidge of sugar on it. Real yogurt is tart.

Method to the Madness

1. Peel and core pineapple
(or, if you're not a cheapskate pay the extra dollar and buy one that's already done)

2. Peel oranges.
This is a great job for the kiddos.

3. Peel bananas and slice.

4. Mix in a bowl with the yogurt.

The End

Dessert for champions in as little as 10 minutes.

* I realized after I made this that it lacked coconut. What kind of ambrosia doesn't have coconut? If I were you, I would add coconut. It's really better for everyone involved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Out Of That Box Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino